So you got yourself a new pair of headphones from Aftershokz, or you lost connection to the ones you already had?
You landed in the right place, to figure out how to re-pair your AfterShokz headphones.
Aftershokz is a brand that is well known for its top-notch bone conduction headphones, a pair of headphones that are ideal for athletes, while the bone conduction technology fails to deliver great sound quality, Aftershokz doesn’t.
To not miss this sound quality, let’s see how they pair.
AfterShokz pairing is quite simple and straightforward, as it should be. They mostly pair with Bluetooth devices that support Bluetooth 3.1 or higher, everything from phones, tablets, computers, and watches.
Surprisingly enough, AfterShokz can be paired with a smart TV too, but it has to support the same Bluetooth codex that I just mentioned. Even if it doesn’t there’s a solution for that, just get yourself a Bluetooth transmitter.
How To Pair Your Afershokz Headphones
- Start by turning the headphones off
- Press and hold the volume + button for at least 5-7 seconds
- When the LED light flashes red and blue, you will hear Audrey saying “pairing”
- Then just access the Bluetooth setting from your device and select the headphone from the list it shows.
That’s it you’re ready to go now.
Pairing them with iPhone and Android smartphones is pretty much the same route. Only the audery instead will say words like, “Welcome to AfterShokz” and “Connected”
AfterShokz and Near Field Communication (NFC) Pairing:
Near Field Communication gives a mobile device and an NFC-equipped headset to connect to each other with a straightforward step, all you have to do is to hold both devices close to each other.
Basically, it allows phones, tablets, headphones, etc. To share data more easily and quickly with other NFC-equipped devices.
(Note: I said an NFC-equipped headset, meaning it is not something you will see in all headsets, for example on AfterShokz their OpenComm headset is the only one that supports and is equipped with it.)
To pair the OpenComm headsets, hold down the Volume+ button until the headset flashes red and blue then position the NFC sign, that you can find on the left arm of the headset, close to the NFC detection area.
A blue light will flash one time and you’re good to go.
Pairing AfterShokz to multiple devices:
AfterShokz headphones sure do offer multipoint pairing, allowing the users to connect to two devices at once.
- Like always, hit it off with the headphones turned off
- Then enter the pairing mode (the same process that I mentioned above, volume+ button up to 5-7 seconds)
- Once you are done with pairing press and hold the multifunctional button and the volume+ for at least 2-3 seconds, until you hear Audrey saying “Multipoint Enabled”
- Turn your headphones off, again and re-enter the same pairing process
- Once you pair the second device you will hear Audrey say “Device Two Connected”
You’re done, the headphones should now be paired to these two devices.