So you were having a good time with your Vizio sound bar, watching movies, listening to music, and so on when it suddenly stopped working.
So the first thing that comes to your mind is that you require an expert to look at it or contact support.
Don’t be too quick to judge. Everything has a solution, and that answer is a reset process, resetting the sound bar to its original factory settings, which effectively fixes every problem, be it audio settings or any other type of settings unless there is hardware damage.
There could be a variety of reasons why you need to reset your Vizio sound bars.
In today’s blog, I will show you how to reset your Vizio sound bar.
How to Reset Vizio Sound bar: Guide
When it comes to resetting the Vizio Sound bar there are three methods you can perform.
- The first one would be soft resetting it, this is basically as the name implies.
- The next one would be with the Vizio soundbar remote.
- The final a.k.a the last resort would be factory resetting it.
Resetting the Vizio Soundbar is not rocket science, it is quite easy and straightforward. However, I wish there was a simple reset button on all devices, one that is found on routers by a simple hold or click you can reset the device.
Imagine the accidental resets, though. Sound’s like a double edge knife.
Anyway, let’s get back to the topic.
Soft Reseting the Vizio Sound bar
How to soft reset the Vizio soundbar
Soft resetting is pretty much self-explanatory, chances are high for this method to not solve your issue, but it’s worth a try before moving to the last resort solution.
First thing first, make sure the Vizio device is turned off and unplug the power cord from any power outlet.
- Locate the Power Button
- Press it for at least 20-30 seconds
- Plug The Soundbar again
- I can’t say it worked, but check to see if it reset successfully and fixed your problem.
How To Reset The Vizio Sound bar With Remote
How to reset Vizio soundbar remote:
By using the Vizio sound bar remote you can reset the Vizio even easier, especially if you’re having trouble resetting it via the bar itself, or if the buttons aren’t working properly.
- To begin, press the Setup button.
- Choose “Reset Audio” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Audio Settings
- Click OK
- To signal that the soundbar has been reset, all of the LED lights will blink three times. If the lights do not blink, go over the steps again.
That should be if you have a remote, and the correct soundbar, not all of them come with a remote. Just don’t lose you’re remote, it comes in hand when the buttons on the bar don’t work properly
How To Factory Reset The Vizio Sound bar
If the above didn’t work, It’s time to take things to next level.
Although it is a bit different, it’s still a straightforward process.
- This time make sure your Sound Bar is On, you don’t have to plug it off or turn it off.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons for at least 20 seconds with the soundbar turned on.
- Watch for the visual cue: the Soundbar’s led lights will flash three times.
- After the reset, all of your soundbar’s settings and preferences will be erased, so you’ll have to manually change them again.
This should pretty much fix any problem, as I mentioned before. If it doesn’t it is time for you to contact the support or even worse, get a new soundbar.
When and why should you reset your Vizio Sound bar?
While it is a simple procedure, it is not one you want to overdo.
As I previously indicated, totally resetting the soundbar returns it to the state it was in when you first brought it home and unboxed it.
So, only reset it if you’re having issues.
I’ll mention a few of these issues below.
There’s No Sound
Yikes, this is a tough one since if it doesn’t produce any sound, it could be a software issue that can be resolved with a reset.
However, it could also be something more serious, such as the soundbar having a faulty component.
Not Turning On
You might also encounter problems such as the soundbar not turning on when you turn on the TV, it might have some trouble with the pairing process or struggle with paired bluetooth devices. So a factory reset is always the answer.
The reset won’t have trouble fixing this issue, I doubt it could be something more serious.
Resetting Due To Settings
Human beings are curious creatures. When we first obtain a device, we try to learn about it and play around with its settings.
We have no idea what we just did and completely messed up the settings system.
This is a time when the reset comes in handy. If you have no idea what you’ve done to your soundbar, it’s a good idea to reset it to factory defaults.
This one is quite important, some Vizio Soundbars are stuck in Demo Mode, and for them to work fully you need to reset the device.
Follow the steps below to disable the demo mode.
- To begin, simultaneously push the “Input” and “Bluetooth” buttons on your soundbar.
- Hold them in place for around ten seconds. Then wait until all of your device’s LEDs flash four times.
This should get your Soundbar to work in normal mode.
So we came to the end.
There are a variety of issues that may require a device reset, but let’s hope it’s something minor that a reset won’t have trouble resolving.
If the situation is serious, you may need to contact Vizio support.
Yet again, you should not keep resetting your device for minor issues, It wipes out every setting; just make sure you reset it when necessary.
I hope I was crystal clear and you were able to successfully reset your Vizio Soundbar and resolve the issue it was having.
Until next time, take care and enjoy.
If you enjoyed what you read, you could continue and read some more.
If Vizio Elevate or Sonos Arc is superior, make sure to read this blog. Also, find out why your Vizio soundbar isn’t turning on when the TV does.
Additionally, there are the Top 5 Soundbars for 65-Inch TVs.
I have put together a fantastic list of focal headphones if you are into them.
Furthermore, there is a comparison blog between the KEF Q150 and Q350, so you can determine which is better.
Make sure you read this one as well if you’re wondering whether or not to get the Logitech Z200 because it will make your decision-making process simpler.
- Hifiman Sundara vs Hifiman HE560: Which Is Better? - July 16, 2022
- JBL Charge 4 vs JBL Xtreme 3: Which Is Better? - July 16, 2022
- Bookshelf Speakers vs Studio Monitors: What’s The Difference? - July 16, 2022