If you have a Blue Yeti mic, you might be tempted to connect your headphones to it once you realize it includes an audio headphone jack
Therefore, you came to my article to learn whether it is a good idea to plug headphones into your blue Yeti.
No worries, you’ve come to the correct place because I’ll tell you whether or not it’s a smart idea to plug your headphones into your yeti.
So let’s get to the point without wasting any more time.
The Blue Yeti Microphone
Before we begin, for those who are unfamiliar, let me say a few words about Blue Yeti so that we all know where we are later in the post.
The Blue Yeti microphone has an excellent reputation and is used by many podcast studios, streamers, and other people.
If you watch streams or listen to podcasts, the likelihood is that you have seen it but was unaware that it was a Blue Yeti.
As you may have noticed, I didn’t say it was a professional microphone.
Although the Blue Yeti is far from a high-end studio microphone, its audio quality is splendid for online video producers, and because of its versatility, it can record practically anything without requiring a complicated setup.
The Yeti has four recording modes, which contribute to its reputation as one of the best microphones in its class.
- Cardioid: It is useful for recording directly in front of you, this is also one of the most used modes.
- Bidirectional: It simultaneously captures the front and the back.
- Stereo: This one is wonderful for music because it captures a broad to the left soundstage.
- Omnidirectional: This one is excellent for conference calls because, as the name suggests, it captures in every direction.
How to Configure a Blue Yeti USB on a Computer
I know, I know it feels like I am stalling the blog a bit too much, but I will make sure that we all follow in order and make the process simpler so we don’t encounter any obstacles along the way.
- Make sure your computer is in good operating order, connected to the internet, and so forth.
- You should next launch your primary browser and navigate to Bluemic.com to download the Blue Yeti drivers (it is quite easy, you can also find tutorials on the internet on how to do so)
- Once you’ve installed the drivers, all that’s left to do is connect the microphones once the drivers have been installed; first, connect the microphone to the USB port, then connect the other USB cable end to the PC.
- After connecting the microphone, go to “Control Panel” and select the “Sound Icon,” where you will then discover the “Yeti Pro Stereo Microphone.”
- Ensure that the microphone is now selected as your primary microphone by clicking on it.
That’s it, you’re good to go now.
Should You Plug Headphones Into Your Blue Yeti
Getting to the main topic and cutting the chase.
Yes, you should connect your headphones to your Blue Yeti.
The following are some of the advantages of attaching your headphones to your Blue Yeti Microphone.
It will advance your microphone skills.
You can hear the noises you’re making or hear what you’re saying in real time by connecting your headphones to your microphone.
This aids in your ability to spot any mistakes you could have made while recording.
You can quickly determine if you are near or far from the microphone so that you can adjust to the ideal position.
Your overall microphone abilities will improve dramatically as a result of the instant feedback you receive from hearing your voice through headphones.
You can use it to aid in post-processing editing work.
Similar to what was said previously, this will make editing a snap.
When you went to edit your recordings, you ran into a lot of popping noises, low recording volumes, ambient noise, and other alike issues.
Well with having a pair of headphones on you, you will be able to avoid those noises or at the very least you will know when they occur and you can just edit them later.
Ideal for podcasting and conducting interviews
This is its strongest point and what made the Blue Yeti such a great microphone for podcasts and interviews.
When recording a podcast or doing an interview, headphones can be incredibly helpful. No, I’m not suggesting that you should plug the headphones into your microphone; rather, you should connect them to the microphone of the speaker or the interview subject.
We are all aware that echoing from the microphone and other noise issues can make it difficult to hear what the other person is saying at times, but by using headphones, this issue is resolved.
It makes things a lot simpler because you will be able to understand every word and even spot errors and other things.
This pretty much covers everything; hopefully, I was clear and helped you decide whether or not to attach headphones to your Blue Yeti.
However, with the additional details I gave, you now have a solid understanding of the Blue Yeti as a microphone.
So, returning to the subject at hand, it is advisable to connect your headphones to the headphone output jack. However, there are times when you should not connect it, you are the one who decides when and when not to.
So until next time, enjoy and take care.
Let me suggest you to read a few reviews that I have written, such as Klipsch R-26F Review, or Jamo S809 Review, or you can read the review of the best UTV speakers, or the cutest review of the best cat ear headphones.
I’m a Sound Artist creating immersive sonic experiences. I turn everyday objects into music, turning the mundane into something marvellous!