So your headphones stopped working, or you messed up the whole product settings and you want to get them back working?
To help you guys and relieve the stress, I wrote this article, and hopefully, it solves your problem.
If you were using cheap headphones and they decided to stop working, this wouldn’t be an obstacle at all. You simply throw them in the bin and move on to the next pair.
(This is why I never recommend buying cheap headphones from unknown brands, they always cost more in the long run)
But it’s Bose we are talking about here right, and we don’t want to throw a 400$ pair of wireless headphones like the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 or the QuietComfort 45 away. So a bose reset can reboot the whole device and that will do the trick.
Let’s not waste time and let me show you how to reset bose headphones and make them “original out of box”
Resetting your Bose Headphones:
A system reset completely reboots your product and clears all the settings by returning it to its original out-of-the-box state.
Lucky enough, all Bose products can be reset in the same way, following the same standard process.
Here is how to reset Bose headphones:
Before you start with the resetting process, make sure to remove the headphones from any kind of cable.
- Connect the USB charging cable to an outlet or even the computer’s USB port do the trick
- Now plug the wireless headphones on the charger.
- Once you are done with the charging part, press and hold the power button.
- Keep holding, until the small LED on the headphones blinks in blue color.
- Now you stop holding the power button and wait.
- Go to your smartphone or the device you connected the headphones to, and forget your headphones from the device.
- Wait like 10 seconds.
- Now you can just remove the, reconnect, and you’re ready to go.
If you have Bose earbuds instead of headphones, It’s pretty much the same process but a bit different since it revolves around the case.
Resetting Bose Earbuds:
- Take the case of the earbuds and find a power supply for it, an outlet or your PC/laptop will also do (They have to be On).
- Now place the earbuds on their case.
- Let them relax for 10 seconds before you open the case again.
- Now press and hold the Bluetooth button on the charging case.
- Once the LED lights start blinking in blue and white color, release it.
- Go back to the device that you paired the earbuds with and forget/disconnect the Bose earbuds.
- Reconnect again and you’re done.
Enjoy your music session.
What to do if your bose headphones suddenly stop working?
This might sound stupid but first, make sure they didn’t run out of battery juice. If that’s not the case then try to restore them if that doesn’t help either, the only solution would be, no not the trash bin, but the Bose customer support team, try contacting them – They have a bright history regarding their relationship with customers.
Bose is one of the main players in the audio industry, their products are top-notch. Hopefully, your headphones don’t go to waste, and you manage to fix them. If not, I hope Bose sends a new pair, with a free return shipping of course.
Here we are at the end!
I hope that I was clear enough, and I really hope that you found this article helpful and you managed to reset your Bose headphones.
If you still struggle with making your bose headphones work, I would recommend visiting local site or even contact local support.
If you liked the blog on how to reset bose headphones, I bet you will like some more blogs. there is something else for you to check out, including everything that I have written until now.
Just like Bose, Skullcandy is a very famous name in the world of headphones and they launch earbuds as well.
You can check out the comparison between Skullcandy Sesh and Skullcandy Evo which are definitely amazing. Or, if your earbuds fall off from time to time, you can check out some tips on stopping earbuds from falling out.
If you need speakers, then I would like to mention some great KRK speakers, as they are definitely some of the best ones!
Composer & Audio Engineer
I’m a composer and audio engineer crafting sonic magic. Combining my skills in rhythm, harmony, and sound synthesis to create the ultimate auditory experience.